A facelift is one of the most effective ways to regain a fresh and youthful look. If your face does not look as young as you feel, you may be a candidate for a facelift.
When to do a facelift
The majority of patients who undergo this procedure are between 40 and 60, although the procedure can be performed at any age if indicated. Face lifting can be repeated periodically if necessary. There are several conditions that are particularly improved after a facelift.
- A poorly defined jaw line
- Deep wrinkles in the face
- Sagging skin near the cheeks or jaw line
- Loose skin and fatty deposits around the neck
There are several other procedures that improve facial appearance and can be performed at the same time as the facelift:
- Brow lifting to improve tired appearing eyes or forehead wrinkles
- Eyelid surgery to remove excess skin and fat from eyelids
- Skin treatments or laser surgery to improve fine wrinkles in the face
- Collagen or fat injections to soften wrinkles or augment lips
- BOTOX® injection to improve wrinkles